A wood mattress foundation can provide the support you need for that good night’s sleep that has been eluding you. In case you haven’t noticed yet, box springs are being replaced by simpler, more portable, and less expensive foundations.
These sometimes have metal components, but many are made entirely of wood. These are designed to serve well with memory foam mattresses and other newer styles of mattresses.
The 4 Best Wood Mattress Foundations
- 8.5″ Wood Mattress Foundation
- DynastyMattress 8″ Wood Box Foundation
- Classic Brands 8″ Instant Foundation
- CPS Premium Easy Fit Wood Foundation
So if you are considering a memory foam mattress with its many delights of long sleepy nights, then you need a foundation, not box springs. We’ve put together a list of the best wood foundations out there so that you don’t have to do all that work yourself. You only have to consider the best ones on the market, and then look forward to a good night’s sleep.
8.5″ Wood Mattress Foundation
This is a queen size wood mattress foundation that assembles quickly and provides sturdy support for the memory foam mattress you provide. It is designed for ease of assembly and use, and just about any kind of mattress would work on it. The comfort, size, and sheer portability made this a winner in our view. Some characteristics we especially liked:
- sturdy and durable
- assembles in about 15 minutes, even if you have to do it alone
- no tools needed for assembly: the foundation is put together with wing nuts and bolts
- latex, memory foam, and innerspring mattresses will all work well with this
- wood slats are 2″ wide and about 3″ apart, which allows air flow and support
- cover is available so you can match it to the mattress
DynastyMattress 8″ Wood Box Foundation
This is a king-sized foundation and 8″ thick. We love the size, but it doesn’t seem to work well with standard innerspring mattresses that many people still use. However, it does work with latex, memory foam, and air mattresses.
- Stronger than folding box style box springs
- can be quickly disassembled and moved to another room
- one piece assembly that is easy to put together
- sanded spruce wood
Classic Brands 8″ Instant Foundation
On the downside, this foundation does require some tools for assembly and is designed with fewer wood slats than other brands. All the same, it fits down those tricky turns in the stairs when you have to move it, and it works well with modern mattresses.
- works with all mattress types
- Easy assembly and disassembly
- affordable yet solid support
- Regular profile foundation that is spruce wood, not cheap plywood
CPS Premium Easy Fit Wood Foundation
The collapsible design is absolutely essential for small rooms, tight hallways, and elevators. If you’ve ever spent an hour just trying to maneuver a box spring around a corner in the middle of a narrow flight of stairs like we have, then this foundation will seem like a miracle to you.
- spruce wood, solid construction
- Split Box Spring solution
- works with memory foam, latex, and air mattresses
- Fits anywhere, through tight stairwells and tight doorways, and around tight corners
- Easy to assemble, disassemble, and move around
We love this development in bed furniture. The ease of assembly and portability makes life easier. The 8.5″ Wood Foundation met more of our requirements than any other wood mattress foundation. We gladly recommend it for affordability and the versatility in the variety of mattresses it works with.
You may also like to read: